Explorer Post #2623
National Law Enforcement Exploring Mission Statement
Law Enforcement Exploring is a work-site-based program for young men and women. Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth to gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities.
For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of law enforcement, Exploring offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth.
Southaven Police Explorer Requirements
The Explorer must submit an application
and fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be 14-20 years old
- Must be a DeSoto County resident
- Must be in good standing with the school (be in the ninth grade)
- Must have above-average grades
- Must show excellent conduct in the community
- Must submit a Hold Harmless and Release Form, completed and signed with parental consent
- Must pass a background check
- Must abide by the program restrictions
Additional Program Details
The Explorer is required to follow his/her supervisor’s instructions at all times. When an Explorer reports for a meeting or activities he/she is expected to be in uniform. The Explorer is expected to follow the code of conduct set forth by the Southaven Police Department. The Explorer will be responsible for his own expenses incurred while attending the SELEEA in Gulfport, Mississippi, which is a requirement to attend any overnight training activity.
The Explorer may participate in the following:
- Any calls where the supervisors feels it is safe for the Explorer to participate
- Assisting a motorist
- Completing paperwork
- Protection of a crime scene
- Public relations activities
- Radio operation
- Traffic and/or crowd control
We welcome questions or comments. Contact the Southaven Police Department
at (662) 393-8652.