Helping our Community Through Volunteerism
Volunteering in Policing (VIP) is a program that allows residents of our community to assist the Southaven Police Department. VIP is different from other volunteer programs because volunteers work in and for the Southaven Police Department enhancing a wide variety of police activities.
You must be 21 and complete the Southaven Police Department’s Citizen Police Academy. The Academy is a 10-week course that starts the last Monday in February of every year. A background check is required. All skills are welcome.
Applications are available in the front office of the Southaven Police Department:
8691 Northwest Dr.
Southaven, MS 38671
Training & Supervision
The officers of the Southaven Police Department will teach any and all classes needed for any type of volunteering. Southaven Police officers assigned to the Public Relations Division by Chief Tom Long are assigned the task to see that the agenda of the VIPs is carried out.
Volunteer Opportunities & Events
Photos From World War II Veterns Luncheon
- Assist with:
- Annual Southaven Easter Egg Hunt
- Annual Veteran’s Day Luncheon
- Christmas Parade
- Halloween Haunted House
- Officer Appreciation Day
- Various City Functions and other civic events during the year
- Bake monthly birthday cakes for Southaven Police officers and personnel
- Breakfast with Santa
- Fingerprinting at schools and other requested areas
- Help answer phones and greet visitors to the Southaven Police Department
- Help with emergency call-outs
- Many cook-outs and tours to various places
- Visit Nursing Homes
- Work at Southaven’s Southern Lights at Central Park
- Work the Fox News Most Wanted
- Work various events at Snowden Grove Park
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
We welcome questions or comments. Contact the Southaven Police Department
at (662) 393-8652.