You are here:
|Where You Retire from Working - Not Living
Fun and fellowship is what you get from Forever Young, the City of Southaven's senior services program. In 2006, there were 975 members of Forever Young.
We have since grown to more than 1,100 members.
Southaven Specifics for Seniors
- Population: 45,000+
- Hospital beds: 4,200+ *
- Physicians: 4,300+ *
- Median house value: $90,400
- Average cost of a new, 2,000-square foot brick home with a half-acre lot: $110,000
- Tax on $100,000 house: $401 **
- Places of worship: 85+
- Denominations represented: 25
Commercial passenger air service is available in Memphis, just three miles north of Southaven.
* Includes Memphis hospitals within 15 minutes of Southaven.
** Amount includes sanitation fees but does not include a Homestead Exemption, which would lessen the tax amount.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us at (662) 895-1138.
We are a proud member of Mississippi Hometown Retirement.