The Investigative Services Unit is comprised of detectives who are responsible for investigations within the City of Southaven. Their duties include:
Investigating Narcotics Sale & Trafficking
- Investigating and interdicting the importation of illegal drugs in the City of Southaven
- Investigating and arresting drug dealers and buyers who engage in illegal drug transactions
- Assisting prosecuting agencies in preparing successful narcotics cases for court
- Preparing narcotics-related civil and criminal forfeiture cases involving illegal profits derived from drug transactions
- Collecting, archiving, and disseminating narcotics-related intelligence for successful narcotics investigations and prosecution
- Acting as a legislative analyst for proposed laws involving illegal narcotics in the City of Southaven and the State of Mississippi
If you wish to provide information the Southaven Police Department regarding drug activity within the City of Southaven, you can request to remain anonymous and you do not have to leave your name.
Email your tips to the Southaven Police Department or call (662) 393-0228. Or contact the DeSoto County Crime Stoppers at (662) 429-8477.
Please leave the following information (as available):
Note: All information will remain confidential.
- Names and descriptions of people involved
- Addresses / phone numbers of the location of suspected activity
- Drug type, if known
- Vehicle description / license plate number
- Weapons involved
- Type of activity observed